Link Love #14 and a smokey bacon pizzette

Spring is finally HERE, you guys! Well, at least in central Virginia. After weeks of maybe-sunny but freezing cold temps (okay, I guess high 50’s isn’t “freezing”. Sorry I’m a little sensitive!), the sundresses are OUT of the closet.

This past Friday was the first Fridays After Five, a little concert series that runs from mid-April to mid-September. Count us (and the entire town) in!

Saturday morning was the start of a beautiful, hot and sunny day. Going to my happy place, Fly Dog Yoga, wasn’t even a question.

In the afternoon, I joined a bunch of awesome medical students in this year’s NEDA Walk. Since their start in 2009, NEDA Walks have raised over $3 million dollars! By participating in and donating to a NEDA Walk, we helped raise awareness about the dangers surrounding eating disorders and the need for early intervention and treatment. If you’d like to donate, you may still do so here.

The rest of the weekend was just as busy, but good-busy. My friend, Vanessa, hosted a Stella & Dot party. I may or may not have ordered a little something-something. Are you curious?

Sunday evening called for date night. Ray worked somewhere between 80 and 90 hours this week on a hospital rotation, which meant minimal quality time with each other. As in, he said “goodbye” to my sleeping head every morning.

We dined at Red Pump Kitchen, which specializes in Mediterranean, Tuscan and Italian inspired dishes.

How could you say “no” to a pizzette when there is a classic wood burning oven in the kitchen? Three words for you: smokey bacon pizzette.

Cheers!

Link Love #14

Let’s get on with it, shall we?

Link-Love

Thanks, Amanda!

Fitness

The difference between the kettlebell and the dumbbell via Fitfluential

I hate exercise! What do I do? via Be Truly Nourished

Health

How the effects of alcohol stop you building muscle via Train Eat Gain

New beginnings…the negative voice via She Rocks Fitness

Food

The inexpensive superfood that supports weight loss via Pop Sugar

Healthy Greek couscous salad via The Big Man’s World

Fun

The top 10 workout songs for April 2015 via Huffington Post

Sweet dreams: learn how to make candy sushi via Neatorama

*Get excited for tomorrow (drum roll, please)…it’s the last week of Back to the Basics! We’ll go over proper Romanian deadlift form. #LEGDAY

• Would you eat candy sushi? What kind of candy would be in it?
  • Is it spring weather where you are yet?
  • What’s your favorite pizza topping(s)?
  • Tell me two things you did this past weekend…

April 21, 2015 at 6:36 am

Fridays after Five!!! Loved that, though I rarely got to go because I was usually working at the restaurant. But soooo much fun. And you know that I need to go to Red Pump. That sounds like my type of place!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Marathon Training with a Chronic Illness (Living with Crohn’s Disease)My Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Come to Red Pump, my treat!!

April 21, 2015 at 8:17 am

I love that you participated in the NEDA walk, I usually volunteer at the local one here every year. Oh and that pizzette looks BOMB!
    Annmarie recently posted…Five Ways to “Spring Clean” Your DietMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:38 pm

That’s awesome that you usually volunteer at one each year 🙂 it was a moving experience.

April 21, 2015 at 8:57 am

This weekend’s weather was absolutely perfect! I made a point to stay outside as much as possible since already yesterday and today the temps have dropped and the sun hasn’t been out much. I love this time of year and finally being able to be outdoors and enjoy it!
    Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie recently posted…Running with PheidippidesMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Yes!! Except isn’t it snowing where you are, or was I seeing things on Instagram?? Hope your week is going well!

April 21, 2015 at 9:41 am

Looks like a good time! I need to read that link about making candy sushi
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Spring Menu Tasting at Weber GrillMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:37 pm

🙂 I could totally go for some candy sushi for dessert, with real sushi as my main meal.

• Rebecca @BeTrulyNourished

April 21, 2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks for including us! I love summer concert series as well! We have a rooftop series near by which has always been so much fun! Plus that pizza looks divine
    Rebecca @BeTrulyNourished recently posted…Recipe Redux: Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon #foodscrapmealMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:36 pm

My pleasure! You guys are awesome.

April 21, 2015 at 9:55 am

Man Jess that pizza looked good! I love pizza with BBQ chicken and bacon. yum yum
    Ivanna recently posted…HOW TO USE A NIKE+ POD ON A NON-NIKE SHOE (EASY DIY TUTORIAL VIDEO)My Profile

• She Rocks Fitness

April 21, 2015 at 10:53 am

That PIZZA! I absolutely LOVE pizza…I would say my favorite toppings are prosciutto, fresh basil, garlic, and arugula all one please…Thanks for including my link this week! XOXO
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted…Nantucket Yoga Festival 2015My Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Ahhh you just described the perfect pizza. LET’S HAVE A PIZZA DATE.

April 21, 2015 at 1:58 pm

LOVE me some cabbage! 😉
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Wine and Onesies Make The Perfect PairingMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:35 pm

mm mm mmm!!

April 21, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I worked a night shift this weekend, fun times. Favorite pizza toppings…..arugula and sundried tomatoes!!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…Improve your Running Game with Champion’s #ALLGAINNOPAIN clothing line!My Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Yay for night shifts!! :-D. Very yummy pizza topping choices!!

• Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness

April 21, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Ahhh it so so warm here! I actually wished it was a bit cooler just because I don’t want to miss on Spring! That pizzette looks incredible! I love eggplant, goat cheese and onion pizza! I have been wanting to try a sweet potato pizza crust though, I think this one is a promising one 🙂
    Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness recently posted…Movement: It is Easier Done Than SaidMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Glad the weather is shaping up for you 🙂 Mm, egg plant and goat cheese sound heavenly on a pizza.

• Beth @ Running with the Sunrise

April 21, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Love that you raised all that money for NEDA. Wonderful cause. One of my closest friends is in recovery from an eating disorder and I am so happy she got the help she needed because I cannot imagine my life without her. I love Swedish Fish, does that count as sushi candy? 😉
    Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted…Cross Training for RunnersMy Profile

1. hellotofit

April 22, 2015 at 8:34 pm

It was busy but fun 🙂 YES swedish fish is always a good choice for anything!

April 21, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I love regular sushi, but candy sushi sounds kinda wonderful too! :O

It’s finally spring-ish (still kinda chilly) weather here! I had a picnic in the park with my friend on Saturday! <3
    Farrah recently posted…Recharging With My Other LifeMy Profile