Link Love #17 and party pants

You guys. My sister graduated from college this past weekend. If you follow me on Instagram, you were basically right there with us, every step of the way.

Friday night we attended a candlelight ceremony for the graduates. Naturally, I was teary eyed 80% of the time.

Surprise!

Saturday morning – early morning – was graduation day. After getting some bagel sandwiches to go, Catherine and I made our way to their “Great Lawn”. I saved seats for family members that were arriving while Catherine met up with her class.

Dad in action.

For Mother’s Day, we took Mom out to Bistro du Coin in D.C…

And then stopped at Pie Sisters in Georgetown for Catherine’s birthday treat!

Which one to choose…

And we still shared.

I have a weakness for coconuts and coconut-flavored foods, so coconut cream pie it was!

After a very celebratory weekend (graduation, birthday, AND Mother’s Day??) and post-sugar-crash drive back to Charlottesville, we were off to another week. Now…ready for some link love?

Link Love #17

Fitness

When to take a break from working out via Fitful Focus

A great reminder. It’s OKAY to take breaks!

5 moves you can do without getting out of bed via Health

Well now there’s really no excuse.

Health

Ice vs. Heat – what’s the right choice? via Run to the Finish

If you’re curious…

15 simple steps to start your weight-loss journey via Run Lift Yoga

Love Bri’s blog, and enjoyed reading this post.

Food

Strawberry rhubarb baked oatmeal via Kate Moving Forward

‘Tis the season for strawberry rhubarb!

The breakfast smoothie via Hummusapien

Get ready for a great way to start your morning.

Fun

Annoying song stuck in your head? Chew gum via Engadget

Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars perform ‘Uptown Funk’ via YouTube

So many happy things happen on The Ellen Show. Tell me you’re not in a good mood after watching that.

Tune in tomorrow when we get a little crazy with medicine balls…

• When/whose was the last graduation ceremony you attended?
  • What’s your favorite pie?!
  • Coconuts: yay or nay?
  • Do you take days off from exercise?
  • What did you do this past weekend?

• Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete

May 12, 2015 at 6:04 am

What a fantastic time! Congrats!
    Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete recently posted…K.I.S.S. & BrowniesMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Thanks so much, Tiffany!

May 12, 2015 at 8:44 am

I totally followed along on IG, how exciting! Congrats to your sister!!!
    Annmarie recently posted…Get Ready to Revolutionize Your Kitchen with CountertopMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Hehe woohoo 🙂 thanks for the congrats!

May 12, 2015 at 9:07 am

That looks like one amazing weekend! Congrats to your sister!
    And… I want that pie! YUM!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Greek Yogurt & Dill Potato SaladMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Thanks, Julie! Oh the pie was so freaking good, I can’t even try to hide it.

• Sarah @ Sarah’s on the Run

May 12, 2015 at 9:57 am

the pie looks DELICIOUS! I’m a sucker for any kind of chocolate pie. Or anything chocolate in general. ha.
    Sarah @ Sarah’s on the Run recently posted…TOTR: Running HacksMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Thanks, Sarah! The chocolate pie was delicious, too 🙂

• Pragati // Simple Medicine

May 12, 2015 at 10:03 am

Coconuts – so much yay! Your pie slices look incredible. Congratulations to your little sis! Watching my little graduate made me teary eyed too.
    Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…4 Guilt Free, Healthy DessertsMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Cheers to the coconut love! Thanks for the congrats 🙂

May 12, 2015 at 10:33 am

Wow, what an exciting time for your sister! The candlelight ceremony looks gorgeous and the fireworks (!!) So cool. I think you need to stop posting about all these delicious dessert places in DC…now I really want to try Pie Sisters! 😛
    Lauren | Just a Pinch recently posted…Your personal brandMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Thanks, Lauren! Hahaha it’s my funny Mom who loves taking us to these places…because she knows how much of a sweet tooth I have!

May 12, 2015 at 11:15 am

I love pie. Love it. Especially black cherry. Congrats to your sister!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…#RWCoverSearch and My Top 5 Crohn’s Related Health ConcernsMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Mmm black cherry pie sounds delish right about now. Thanks!

May 12, 2015 at 11:24 am

Big nay to coconuts. I can eat them if the flavor is slightly there, but nothing where I can taste the consistency. I just can’t handle it. Congrats to your sister!
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Best Free Sites For Making Blog GraphicsMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I totally get you about the consistency! Agree to disagree on the coconuts? :). Thank you for the congrats!

• Crystan Blanco @ Fancy Frugal Fit

May 12, 2015 at 12:35 pm

First off…I LOVE COCONUTS!

Secondly, CONGRATS to your sister! That’s so exciting! Best of luck to her! What does she plan on doing next?

The last graduation I attended was my little sister’s graduation from high school at DAR Constitution Hall (pretty neat). Unfortunately, I missed her college ceremony (silly work) and my own graduation from WVU last May (silly boyfriend got appendicitis).
    Crystan Blanco @ Fancy Frugal Fit recently posted…Monday Must-Have: Beach BlondeMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Yay for being coconut lovers! And thanks for the congrats 🙂 She will be doing some IT stuff! Just what she wanted, or close to it :). That’s too bad you missed your graduation, but hopefully the memories leading up to it were memorable 🙂

May 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Not a big fan of coconut unless I’m cooking with coconut milk. I have yet to get to Pie Sisters although I drive by it all of the time. I need to stop sometime soon! Congrats to your sister!!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…5 Reasons You should run a Virtual RaceMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Yes, I highly recommend it! The chocolate pie was amazing, too. Thanks!!

• Bri

May 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Thanks for including me in the link love!! 🙂

May 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Of course! 🙂 Thanks for your great blog posts!

May 12, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Congrats to your sister Jess! Thats great. I like the taste of coconut but not the texture. Your food pics are making me salivate!
    Ivanna recently posted…How To Become A Certified Personal TrainerMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Thanks, Ivanna! The texture of coconut is definitely interesting..

• She Rocks Fitness

May 12, 2015 at 1:48 pm

That pie!!!! I am a sucker for anything coconut too…I cannot remember the last time I had coconut pie though…I bet that sugar high was amazing…HAHA! Looks like a beautiful day for the graduation! 🙂
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted…bACK To The Real World…My Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Oh it totally was haha. The weather was great, but a tad too hot. Got a little sunburnt!

May 12, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Congratulations to your sister! So exciting! Love the dress you wore 🙂
    Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie recently posted…A Semi-Indulgent WeekendMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Thank you, Brie!!

May 12, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Yes I loved seeing these pics this weekend! What a fun family filled weekend for you and your family!! That coconut cream pie omg I die!! YuM
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Hummus WrapMy Profile

May 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

It was, for sure!! It was a sugar-crash-inducing slice of goodness 🙂

May 12, 2015 at 10:44 pm

OOOOO MY! THAT PIE!!! THAT PIE!!! I need to try and make a pie – the only type of pie I like though is PUMPKIN!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Carnival In Your Mouth!My Profile

May 15, 2015 at 11:39 am

Oh I LOVE pumpkin! Nice choice 😉

May 12, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Congrats to your sister! 😀 I loved following along on IG! 😛

Apple pie is my favorite, but the pictures you posted look so good! *-*
    Farrah recently posted…Review: Street Vegan + Creamy Strawberry Pink DrinkMy Profile

May 15, 2015 at 11:39 am

Thank you so much! Hehe IG is so much fun. I love apple pie too…

• Gretchen | Gretchruns

May 13, 2015 at 2:12 pm

I love the flavor of coconuts, but hate the texture! I like to put coconut milk or oil in my morning coffee..yum!

Congratulations to your sister! I actually missed my college graduation. It was always my goal to run the Pittsburgh full marathon (my first one!) when I graduated, and it happened to fall on the same day. It seemed fitting!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…3 days in SwedenMy Profile

May 15, 2015 at 11:38 am

Haha not liking the texture seems like a growing consensus among readers! Oh, I’ve never put coconut milk in my morning coffee. Great idea!

• Emily

May 14, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Hi Jess! I follow you on google plus, but I’m not sure if I’ve commented very much, but here I am!

That graduation ceremony looks super fancy! I always love going to graduations and congratulating the graduates, college or high school, for all the hard years of work!

I LOVE PIE! If I get married, it will be my dessert of choice, as long as my husband is in agreement. My favorite is dutch apple or peanut butter. Yup I love coconut.

And, I do take usually at least one day a week off from exercise. If I’m traveling, sometimes it is more, but I try to make it subject to flexibility.
    Emily recently posted…Thursdays are for Thinking and MEETING!My Profile

May 15, 2015 at 11:33 am

Emily! Great to see you here 🙂 thanks for stopping by! Pie is a good choice for a wedding dessert ;). Mmm dutch apple sounds awesome. Hope you have a great day!