Versatile Blogger Award

Yoga Teacher Training has been consuming my life this week. Eight to nine hours of training every day unfortunately leaves little room for personal training or connecting with all of you awesome bloggers/readers/friends. On the plus side, it’s all for the purpose of learning and growing into this yoga enthusiast that I never imagined becoming. #Namaste

Knowing that I wouldn’t have enough time to prepare another fitness or food-related post for you this week, I figured this type of post would be fun and light for a Thursday. En…joy?

The Versatile Blogger Award

Erin and Tricia: THANK YOU for the nomination!

The Versatile Blogger Award is for the blogs that bring something special to your life.  In picking your nominees, you are to consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.

“Rules” for the VBA (that are meant to be broken) include: answering the questions you have been given and nominating 10 other bloggers and give them their own set of questions to answer.

My questions:

1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you?

Apr 21, 2003 (91)

I love music, and might have gone that route if my passion for fitness wasn’t so terribly strong. I played the violin from 4th to 7th grade and picked up piano in 5th. Piano is the one thing that has stuck with me all of these years (although no piano in Charlottesville has left me R-U-S-T-Y).

Chorus was a big part of my life in high school, and briefly in college. One other student and myself were selected from our school for All Virginia Choir (during our senior year), and that was an experience I’ll never forget. Powerful, moving pieces left me with both goose bumps and tears in my eyes (which should come as no surprise to you).

2. If you could eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?

It’s not nutritious or “healthy”, but ice cream is at the top of that list. Preferably something fruity, like strawberry cheesecake or Cherry Garcia.

3. Have you ever met someone famous?

2766897352_ff1b66d1eb

Source

For a few summers growing up our family would head down to Myrtle Beach, SC. One year Jesse McCartney (judge me) played at the House of Blues, and it was a very happy birthday to me – thanks, Dad! The Jonas Brothers opened, and it was before they became “famous”. After the concert, my sister and I got in line to shake their hands and have autographed photos. If only I had saved those autographs to sell online…

4. What is one place on your travel must-see bucket list?

Indo-European-languages

Source

I’ve never been to Europe. Is it okay if just put the entire continent on my to-travel list? Countries I want to visit are somewhat  very food-related, but scenery and history are up there as well.

5. What’s something you hope will never come back in style?

Apr 21, 2003 (8)

What does one even call this hair style? Was this even IN style? Whatever was happening at this stage in my life, I’m fairly certain I won’t be asking for a mushroom-cut-with-the-bonus-bangs anytime soon.

6. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

pocahontas

Source

If you were to look through my childhood toys and other knick knacks, you’d find lots of Pocahontas related stuff. Dolls, costumes, jewelry, and the VHS tape (of course). The only unfortunate thing is that I don’t have a photo of me in the costume for Halloween. I think I was rocking the weird mushroom cut, too.

7. What would you sing at karaoke night?

Source: YouTube

Starship – “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now”, but only if I get to sing it with Kristin Wiig and Bill Hader. If you haven’t seen Skeleton Twins, get your butt to the nearest TV to watch it. It’s amazing.

8. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?

Chris_Pratt_-_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_premiere_-_July_2014_(cropped)

Source

Chris Pratt. Need I say more? Laughter from Chris Pratt’s jokes is the best medicine when you’re stranded on an island.

9. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Source: YouTube

When people incorrectly use the word “literally”. It irritates me, but then I think of this hilariously annoying compilation of Rachel Zoe abusing the word. This video almost makes it okay.

10. What clothing item/accessory/shoes do you have way too many of in your closet?IMG_8231

Black colored workout gear. Work attire has to be black uniform tops and black bottoms. I have a hard time justifying cute, colorful pairs of leggings for this reason.

And the 5 (instead of 10) nominees are…

Fancy, Frugal & Fit

She’s Wicked Healthy

petiteMODERN

She Rocks Fitness

Just a Pinch

________________

Your 10 questions

1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you?

2. If you could eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. Have you ever met someone famous?

4. What is one place on your travel must-see bucket list?

5. What’s something you hope will never come back in style?

6. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

7. What would you sing at karaoke night?

8. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?

9. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Thanks for all the love this week while I’m at teacher training! Bear with me as I slowly get back to your comments and catch up on your posts 🙂 XOXO.

Let’s chat:

• Answer one of the questions above so I can learn more about you, too
  • Which country in Europe should be at the top of the list?
  • Does Kristin Wiig make you laugh?
  • If I were a guest at your dinner table tonight, what would we be having? (It doesn’t have to include ice cream)

• cait @pieceofcait

June 11, 2015 at 7:05 am

first off.. LOVE your sports bra!! AND YES to the literally repeat!!! rachel zoe is good example 😉 pet peeve = when people turn without a signal. UGH!
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…Angel food cake dessert jarsMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Thanks, Cait!! Ooo when people turn without a signal it annoys me too. It’s so easy to access!

June 11, 2015 at 7:40 am

I played violin, piano, and sang too! I love music, though I haven’t played in years. I also wasn’t amazingly good, but I loved it, so that helped. I think it is hilarious when people own too much black workout gear. I have I think 2-4 pieces that are solid black. Everything in my life is a riot of color. Seriously.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Thursday Ramblings and Ragnar Chicago RuminationsMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:15 pm

The trifecta!! Hahah I wish I owned as much color as you did! It’s hard for me to justify buying colored leggings (as much as I love them) because I typically work out when I’m already at the gym (working), and don’t know if I would change out of black pants into colored ones for the sake of a workout :P.

June 11, 2015 at 8:44 am

Can I put Mexican food on my list…..
    Ice cream is a close second!

Belle was my favorite. I was kind of obsessed too.
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Kale, Strawberry & Goat Cheese SaladMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:14 pm

YES! Mexican food is awesome. Ohh, Belle is beautiful 🙂 great choice.

• Sarah @ Sarah’s on the Run

June 11, 2015 at 9:40 am

Love your top in the first pic! And I’ve only been to two countries–Ireland & Greece but definitely add those to your list!! Definitely the Greek Islands–they’re incredible!
    Sarah @ Sarah’s on the Run recently posted…Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Thanks, Sarah! It’s from Lululemon 🙂

Both of those countries are on the list! Woohoo!

June 11, 2015 at 10:05 am

I have so much to say about this post, I don’t even know where to start! First of all, I loved getting to ‘know’ you a little better. I also played the violin and piano! I was pretty terrible at the violin, but still love playing the piano today (although, I haven’t had one in the house for almost 10 years now!)

I bought the tank you are wearing over the weekend! (It’s lulu, right?) I got mine in black. That %15 discount gets me every time…

And thanks for the nomination! I’ll plan on posting about it next week while I’m in Minneapolis 😀
    Lauren | Just a Pinch recently posted…The best meal I’ve ever had: Rose’s LuxuryMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Aw, you’re so sweet! What a coincidence that we both played/play the violin and piano :). Sounds like we could both use some time on the keys ;).
      YES the tank I have is from lulu! Do you love it?! The discount helps for sure.
      YAY, can’t wait to read yours!! XOXO

June 11, 2015 at 10:27 am

Ha, I literally love Rachel Zoe so much, lol. Hilarious. I really want to go to Italy now that I have checked Paris off my list!!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon race recapMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Haha she’s a riot! Italy and France are on the list!!

June 11, 2015 at 11:51 am

Yesss choir girls all the way.

Also, Jesse McCartney was amazing. There’s no judgement here.
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…May Income ReportMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Hollaaaa! Haha oh, JMac.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns

June 11, 2015 at 12:13 pm

I also love music- I started playing violin in 2nd grade then added the saxophone in high school and even played in the marching band at Penn State! It’s still a huge part of my life, and I would love to be a professional musician (in my dreams). I’ve traveled to Europe a lot, and would recommend Italy if you’re looking for great food and history! There’s so much to see and do and eat in the country. My favorite country would have to be Switzerland, which is just unbelievably gorgeous, and Spain as a runner-up. Hope you get to go someday!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Thinking Out Loud : Training Thoughts and Pilates FestMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Wow that’s awesome!! I love that it’s still a big part of your life. I wish I could say the same for myself! Italy and Spain are definitely on the list – I’ll have to look more into Switzerland 🙂 thanks for the input!!

• Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment

June 11, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I did this survey too! It was a fun one – I love learning all these little facts about people. Hope your training is going well!
    Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted…2015 Goal Post UpdateMy Profile

June 11, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Yes, I remember reading yours! Thank you – it’s been a long but fun week.

June 11, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I just DIED at that lip sync video. SO GOOD. I love that you love music! It’s a great talent to have.
    Brittany recently posted…Donuts and CoffeeMy Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Hahah right?! I want to be their best friend.

• Pragati // Simple Medicine

June 11, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I would say Ireland! It’s amazing. I know the tendency is to say Paris, Italy or Spain but Ireland is gorgeous. Plus, seaweeds baths are so cool.
    Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…Warning: Soda is Bad for YouMy Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:49 pm

While seeing the movie P.S. I Love You, I knew I had to add Ireland to my list. So beautiful, indeed – and I’m positive it’s even more stunning in real life!

• Meghan

June 11, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Love this extra insight into you! I think I would choose ice cream for my food, too. Such a hard decision, but man it’s delicious! Also – there is no judging with Jesse McCartney….I still listen to some of his songs from time to time. 🙂
    Meghan recently posted…The Post With No PicturesMy Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Thanks, Meg! Haha glad we’re on the same page about ice cream and JMac 😉

June 11, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Lets plan a EUROPE TRIP RIGHT NOW!!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…You Won’t Be Waffling Over This!My Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:48 pm

YES YES PUH-LEASE!! Where to first??

June 12, 2015 at 4:14 pm

!! Yay for #1! I love piano and singing, and at one point learned violin too, but that didn’t stick (I ain’t too gifted with string instruments). I miss piano so much though! I may have gone that route if I hadn’t loved medicine so much. My teacher in college told my mom she was disappointed that I didn’t end up choosing to pursue music. ._. I hope to always keep it as a part of my life though!

I also sported bowl cut bangs. <3

Literally. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally
    Farrah recently posted…Foodie Friday: Thai Iced Tea with Coconut CreamMy Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:45 pm

🙂 you and I might’ve/could’ve been two professional musicians!

• Beth @ Running with the Sunrise

June 14, 2015 at 5:16 pm

YASSSS. Hate it when people don’t know how to use “literally.” Had a coworker describe a customer as “literally a cartoon character,” and I was like, “I don’t think you know what literally means.” So glad I’m not the only one. 🙂
    Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted…Headed to #RagnarChi!My Profile

June 16, 2015 at 8:42 pm

LOL awesome response 😛

June 15, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I would love to visit Europe someday but it’s just so expensive. I really wanted to visit Thailand this year but we bought a house instead. That’s why I loved all your Thailand blog posts! I felt like I was traveling vicariously through you. 🙂
    Daisy @ Fit Wanderlust Runner recently posted…Keep Running or Take Time Off After a Race??My Profile

June 16, 2015 at 7:32 pm

The house still sounds like a wonderful decision – I bet you will be able to travel again soon!!