Looking for a quick lunch or dinner? Try this 5 Ingredient Garlic Naan Pizza! With only five ingredients and only a short time to bake, you’ll have a meal on the table in record time. Cheesy, savory goodness, with some added spice from the Italian chicken sausage.
Can you name one food that almost everyone likes, and has about a hundred different variations? I was thinking “pizza”, too . This week’s Foodie Friday theme is pizza, and I wanted to make something that was quick, easy, and delicious enough to be considered lunch or dinner. Behold, five-ingredient garlic naan pizza!
Normally, I’ll prepare this recipe for homemade pizza dough (The Pioneer Woman, holla!). But I needed something QUICKER. No time to wait for dough to rise! I haven’t tried to make cauliflower pizza crust yet, so that was out of the picture too. While browsing the aisles of Trader Joe’s, loaves of garlic naan were waving frantically to be put into my cart. Little mini pizzas, with a nice flatbread texture and garlicky taste? DONE.
Fresh mozzarella cheese is the way to my heart. Don’t you just love the way it melts in the oven?
Once I had the base for my pizza, the rest was easy as (pizza) pie. Trader Joe’s also carries pizza sauce, and I was in the mood for Italian chicken sausage. Now, it was time to head home and assemble this baby!
Pizza is NOT “healthy”, Jess!
Technically, you’re right. The garlic naan is not 100% whole wheat, and there’s a hearty amount of cheese on each little pizza. But what does “healthy” mean to you? Does it mean that you can never enjoy some extra starches, or ever eat more than a serving of cheese in one sitting? For me, “healthy” means that if I feel like having pizza, I’ll eat it. But will I eat all four pizzas? No. Will I make sure that I get some exercise in so that I can still feel like my normal, happy self? Sure. Will I eat this pizza for the next five days? Probably not.
“Healthy” means something different to everyone, so if the question of why this is on my blog arises, so be it. But pizza belongs in my Healthy Box of life . Hopefully yours, too. Because life is more fun when pizza is in it!
Alright, back to this garlic naan pizza. While it bakes in the oven you can just TELL that all of the flavors are marrying together nicely. Okay fine, you’ll get the hint from the fantastic smell that will fill the kitchen. You know what I mean. Flavors from the sauce and chicken sausage will complement the melty, stretchy, mozzarella cheese, and the naan will bake to a crisp on the edges, while maintaining its doughy texture on the inside. Sprinkle a little oregano overtop of the pizzas after baking, and you’ve got yourself a delicious hot meal.
- 4 pieces of garlic naan
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella ball, sliced into 8, 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 spicy Italian chicken sausage links, sliced diagonally to desired thickness
- 4 heaping tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Oregano, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Assemble pizzas by spreading 1 tablespoon tomato sauce on surface of every piece of naan, followed by 6-7 slices of Italian chicken sausage each. Sprinkle up to ½ cup of shredded mozzarella on the individual pizzas. Finally, top each piece of naan with two slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas on a cookie sheet in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
- Serve hot.
- Have you ever made a naan pizza?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- What does “healthy” mean to you?
- Any plans for the weekend?