Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie

This Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie is a sweet and refreshing combination of pear, banana, spinach, and ginger. Blended together to a smooth finish, it’s perfect for breakfast, snacking, and really…anytime!

Now that we’re into full swing with spring, I love trying new combinations for smoothies. For most of you smoothie-lovers, the seasons weren’t an issue. There were just as many Instagram photos of smoothie bowls in the winter as there are in the summer, and there ain’t nothin’ wrong with that!

In just a few minutes and with the push of a button, voila! A frozen, deliciously blended mixture of fruits and veggies. And from now on, I’ll be adding freshly grated ginger to my smoothies. This week’s Foodie Friday theme is “Pinterest Curiosities”, and I’ve been CURIOUS about adding fresh ginger into my smoothies. I love almost anything ginger-flavored, but have honestly been too lazy to grate the good stuff into the blender. Oops.

Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie | Hello to Fit

Much like other smoothie recipes on Hello to Fit, this one is easy like Sunday morning. There’s no crazy prep work involved, and you might even have all of the ingredients already. Isn’t that one of the best feelings? Looking through recipes, finding one you want to make, and then realizing that you have the ingredients. A little hoorah like the Target Lady on SNL may follow. Just me?

Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie | Hello to Fit

This was a recipe that my sister and I made ahead of time when she came to visit (along with roasted garlic avocado toast and this avocado hummus) , and she was skeptical about how tasty the smoothie was going to be. Catherine’s opinion of ginger is usually on the meh side, but you should have seen her face when she took her first sip! Her reaction was as follows: “so fresh!”, “it quenches my thrist!”, and “this is so good!”

Within minutes, the two glasses of smoothies were done-zo. Why didn’t I make a double batch?

Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie | Hello to Fit

My favorite time to enjoy a smoothie is with breakfast (eggs and avocado, baby!) or as an afternoon snack. But if this fresh pear ginger smoothie is an option? Every meal, please! Kidding. But seriously. Bartlett pears are underestimated, and it PAIRS (ha) nicely with banana. Sweetness from the fruit is complemented by fragrant bits of grated ginger root, and spinach makes it more aesthetically pleasing. Okay, there are nutritional benefits for adding those leafy greens, but we eat with our eyes, too!

Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie | Hello to Fit

To re-cap: while I’m over here in China, make a sista proud by blending and grating your way to a supah-fresh green smoothie. It won’t disappoint. Side note: I’m writing this – in Virginia – about five days before you read it, because I have no clue how the internet and blogging situation will be while abroad. Has anyone else scheduled posts far advance, due to unknown internet situations?

Cheers to a happy Friday and fresh smoothies!

Fresh Pear Ginger Smoothie

Serves 2     adjust servings

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
  • 1 ripe Bartlett pear, peeled and seeded
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
  • 8-12 ounces water, more if needed

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Serve immediately.

foodiefriday_thumb

Pin for Later!

• Do you like freshly grated ginger in your smoothies?
  • Which leafy green do you prefer: kale or spinach?
  • Where was your most recent international destination?
  • Plans for the weekend? We’ve got one more week in China, followed by two days in Tokyo to visit a friend.

April 22, 2016 at 7:16 am

Yum! Perfectly sweet and green, just how I like it 😉
    I like powdered ginger and minced fresh (or the lazy type from the jar I have!)
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 4/22/16My Profile

April 22, 2016 at 8:03 am

I love pears but forget to use them beyond salads. Looks very yummy!
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…The Fit Foodie Race Weekend is Coming-Run with me GiveawayMy Profile

April 22, 2016 at 8:47 am

Hooray for ginger!!! And I LOVE pear smoothies- it’s been so long since I have made one, this looks amazing!! Gorgeous photos too! 🙂
    Annmarie recently posted…Honey Crystal Candied Ginger Recipe {Paleo}My Profile

• ACKTIVE LIFE

April 22, 2016 at 8:47 am

I am all about the spinach…Speaking of which, I need to pick some up at the store later today! Looks delicious and oh so refreshing! 🙂
    ACKTIVE LIFE recently posted…Why I Work With A Life CoachMy Profile

• Sarah @ BucketListTummy

April 22, 2016 at 9:05 am

I just bought some bartlett pears so I will be making this this weekend. I love the addition of ginger!
    Sarah @ BucketListTummy recently posted…Life lessons learned from rock climbingMy Profile

• Erin @ The Almond Eater

April 22, 2016 at 9:25 am

Give me ALL the ginger–this sounds so refreshing! As for leafy greens, I weirdly prefer kale by itself but spinach in my smoothies.. which maybe makes no sense, ha!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Cajun Chickpea BurgersMy Profile

• Alexa [fooduzzi.com]

April 22, 2016 at 11:59 am

YES! I love ginger so much, and pears are one of my favorite fruits! This sounds perfect, Jess!! And that color <3
    Alexa [fooduzzi.com] recently posted…Almond Butter Avocado PestoMy Profile

• Sarah

April 22, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Green goodness, love this combo! I love ginger and pear together but haven’t tried the combo with banana, I’ll have to give it a try. Cheers, happy Foodie Friday!
    Sarah recently posted…Mocha Muesli BarsMy Profile

April 22, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I love smoothies like this. They are so refreshing and make me feel healthier just drinking them!
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Five Things Friday #83My Profile

• Hillary

April 22, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Adore these photos!

• Kristy @ Southern In Law

April 22, 2016 at 4:36 pm

This looks amazzinggg! I love ginger but I rarely use it in smoothies – that totally needs to change!

I hope you’re having the most amazing time in China, gorgeous! <3 xo
    Kristy @ Southern In Law recently posted…Recent Things: DIY-ing, Tall Girl Problems and DeliciousnessMy Profile

• Samantha

April 22, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Sounds yummy and refreshing!

• masala girl

April 22, 2016 at 8:23 pm

i ALWAYS put ginger into my smoothies!! isnt it the best?!

• Christina

April 23, 2016 at 1:54 pm

What a pretty green color!! Jess these shots are gorgeous. Seriously!! WANT!
    Christina recently posted…Mom’s Cuban Flan RecipeMy Profile

• Jan Mares

April 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Nice recipe! 🙂 Green smoothies are the best. I use them for detox and also to fight my vitiligo. They always give me a nice energy boost in the morning.

• Carla

April 25, 2016 at 6:40 am

Ginger in smoothies??
    Pears??
    Why YES.It is dark over here under the rock which I am living 🙂 I need to try BOTH!!

• Aileen

April 25, 2016 at 10:23 am

I am going to have this for an post work out snack!!!
    Aileen recently posted…A review of our Meat & Greet!My Profile

• Karen @ Fit Approach

April 25, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Jess! As soon as I read this post, I threw together a smoothie with ginger and pear. Fantastic combo.

April 25, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Yay! I love pear and ginger, and the fact that this has so few ingredients! It looks super refreshing! <3

April 26, 2016 at 4:09 am

Jess this looks delicious. Pear is one of my favorite fruits.

• Joscelyn | Wifemamafoodie

April 27, 2016 at 9:09 pm

This sounds so yummy, Jess! I LOVE smoothies but ginger is an ingredient I often forget to add to smoothies…what a great idea though! I love the combo with pear too! Must try it soon!
    Joscelyn | Wifemamafoodie recently posted…Raw Citrus Berry TartsMy Profile