Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats

Overnight oats, when mixed with strawberries and mango pieces, is a filling and nutritious way to kick off your morning! Assembled the night before, this delicious blend of oats, chia seeds, cashew milk, and fruit will rock. Your. World.

When was the last time you took a nap? On Tuesday I booked myself to the max with clients, which wasn’t a smart decision. I came home Tuesday, had my Spanish lesson via Skype, and then sat in front of my computer until bedtime. And no, there was no productivity involved. One of those evening hours was spent analyzing the celebrities who interviewed on Jimmy Fallon, and then somehow  I ended up watching 15 minutes of random interviews with Steph Curry – the ones where his adorable little daughter stole the show. I don’t even know, guys Open-mouthed smile.

Wednesday was a light day with personal training clients, and after coming home I went upstairs to say “hi” to Ray – who was asleep after returning from a night shift – and 40 minutes later, I woke up. Not the Hollywood-style, oh I’m just casually getting up, looking like I’m all ready to go. It was the awakening that comes with a jolt, sitting straight up in bed, wondering a) what day it is, b) how I got here, and c) did I miss any appointments.

DSC_0576

Healthy and Prepped

ANYWAY. With a weird week, it’s comforting to know there’s healthy, already prepared food in the fridge. I’m talkin’ ‘bout these easy strawberry mango overnight oats! Since it’s all hot, humid, and not hot oatmeal weather, we went with the cold and refreshing version.

This week’s Foodie Friday theme is “Kitchen Cleanse”, and I was ready to use up leftover strawberries and mangos. They were on the verge of being unfit to eat fresh, and mixing them into overnight oats was a solid decision.

Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats | Hello to Fit

Have I mentioned my new love for cashew milk? I tried it for the first time at the Blogfest and IDEA World conference, and I’m h-o-o-k-e-d.

I’m not going to stop drinking almond or regular cow’s milk, but I love the creaminess cashew milk has to offer. There’s no added sugar (I bought the unsweetened vanilla cashew milk), so I don’t feel like I’m cutting into daily recommended added sugar intake (20g for women)! More room for sweet treats from Paradox Pastry Winking smile.

Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats

So, what happens when you blend creamy cashew milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, and fruit? Magic in a bowl. Seriously. After mixing, covering, and storing your overnight oat mixture in the fridge, what happens next is magical.

Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats | Hello to Fit

The creamy cashew milk and Greek yogurt team up and allow room for the chia seeds and oats to have a little party, and sweet pieces of strawberry and mango add even MORE texture and flavor to the overnight oats.

It doesn’t get any easier than that, my friends. As long as you have a handful of ingredients, a little bit of time can be saved for preparing a breakfast – or snack – that is healthy, fiber-filled, nutritious, and DELICIOUS. Healthy foods don’t have to be boring, and this easy strawberry mango overnight oats is hardly that.

Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats

Preparation 2017-05-23T00:00:00+00:00 Cook Time 2017-05-23T00:00:00+00:00
Serves 3-4     adjust servings

• 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
  • 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped

1. In a medium bowl or large container, combine above ingredients with a spatula or spoon. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
  2. To enjoy, serve overnight oats in a small bowl or cup. Serve chilled.
  3. Leftovers can be stored in the bowl/container for 2-3 days.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 100g
Amount Per Serving As Served
Calories 273 Calories from fat 98
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11 17%
Saturated Fat 2 10%
Carbohydrate 35 12%
Dietary Fiber 5 20%
Sugars 9
Protein 9
Sodium 129 5%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Calories 2000 2500

• 3 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped

Directions

2. To enjoy, serve overnight oats in a small bowl or cup. Serve chilled.
  3. Leftovers can be stored in the bowl/container for 2-3 days.

foodiefriday_thumb

Pin for later:

• Do you prefer hot oats or cold overnight oats?
  • When was the last time you took an unintentional nap?
  • Did you have a busy week?

Easy Strawberry Mango Overnight Oats

Preparation 2017-05-23T00:00:00+00:00 Cook Time 2017-05-23T00:00:00+00:00
Serves 3-4     adjust servings

• 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
  • 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped

2. To enjoy, serve overnight oats in a small bowl or cup. Serve chilled.
  3. Leftovers can be stored in the bowl/container for 2-3 days.

Nutrition Facts

Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

July 29, 2016 at 10:20 am

Love overnight oats! These look amazing 🙂
    Annmarie recently posted…Anti-Inflammatory and Low Histamine Recipes to Heal the GutMy Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:41 am

Glad you like them too!!

• Susie @ Suzlyfe

July 29, 2016 at 10:22 am

Not an overnight oats fan, but definitely a cashew milk fan. And you know I love my naps 😀

July 30, 2016 at 11:40 am

🙂 no worriessss. I wonder how hot oats would taste with cashew milk…probs delicious.

• Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona

July 29, 2016 at 11:36 am

This looks so good! Can’t go wrong with strawberries and mango. I’ll have to give it a try.
    Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted…Why I Chose NASM CertificationMy Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:40 am

🙂 would love to hear what you think if you give it a try! Happy weekend 🙂

July 29, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Uh…I need a nap RIGHT not! I woke-up at 2:53am for no reason and just stayed up….SO tired!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 7/29/16My Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:39 am

Whhhaaat, that’s so early girl!! Hope you were able to get some rest!

July 29, 2016 at 3:13 pm

I have to be careful w afternoon naps bc I set my alarm for an hour and ALWAYS wake up then, say nahhhhhh, then set another 30 min. Then it takes me forever to wake up and climb up out of sleep. I napped all the time last summer and it was no bueno, but I’ll still do it occasionally. Also, weekends I’m all about naps. BRING EM ON.
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Five Things Friday #97My Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:39 am

Haha yessss Ray does that all the time!!

• Courtney

July 29, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I LOVE overnight oats, and yours look so delicious and summery! I can never say no to strawberries and mangoes.

July 30, 2016 at 11:39 am

Thanks, Courtney! I love the summery flavors of the strawberries and mangos.

• Emily

July 29, 2016 at 5:48 pm

So we have strawberries but no mangos, but I’m thinking some overnight oats need to happen any ways. 🙂 I haven’t taken a nap in a long time, but when I do, I usually just sprawl out on the bed and sleep for 20 minutes or …. hours? 😀
    Emily recently posted…Top 3 Friday: Why Living at Home Isn’t LameMy Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:38 am

Haha yes, that’s the way to go! Any fruits would be good 🙂
      Hahah

July 29, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I wish I had leftover strawberries + mangos left! *-* This looks so darn good! <3
    Farrah recently posted…Stuffed AvocadoMy Profile

July 30, 2016 at 11:37 am

Haha aw, I think any fruit would be delish!

• Christina

July 31, 2016 at 9:17 am

Yep, I totally get sucked down that rabbit hole all the time (the internet). Most of the time I end up watching YouTube videos for literally hours. It’s bad lol #procrastination
    Christina recently posted…Coconut Oil Rice Krispie TreatsMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Haha yessss super bad.

• Angela @ happy fit mama

August 1, 2016 at 5:14 am

It must have been the week of naps because I crashed hard on Thursday. I just could not keep my eyes open. And then when I woke up I felt so out of it. Oh well! My body needed more sleep I guess. And these overnight oats. Perfect for the warm and humid mornings we’ve been having.

August 2, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Haha maybe something was going around 😉

• Kristy from Southern In Law

August 1, 2016 at 5:45 am

Mango is my favouriteeeee summer fruit and this looks like the perfect way to enjoy it! I love overnight oats!
    Kristy from Southern In Law recently posted…Recipe: The Best Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free!)My Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Yes it’s my fave too 🙂 glad you love overnight oats as well!

• sarah@creatingbettertomorrow

August 1, 2016 at 5:51 am

Strawberry and mango that screams summer! WOO HOO I love Mango and when it’s fresh nothing better…so I’m betting I’d fall head over heels in love with this combo!

August 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm

It’s so delicious!! Hope you get a chance to try it!

• ACKTIVE LIFE

August 1, 2016 at 8:02 am

OMG this looks delicious!!! I cannot get enough of strawberries lately and this oatmeal recipe is so right up my ally! Thanks for sharing friend and happy Monday! XOXO
    ACKTIVE LIFE recently posted…16 Getting To Know Me ThingsMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thanks, my friend!! XOXO

August 1, 2016 at 9:22 am

Love the chia seeds and hemp hearts in this! So good! I don’t fall asleep like that often either, but when I do I’m usually pretty out of it!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Stormy Summer – Weekend Photo DumpMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Haha yes I think I was reeeeeally out of it 😛

• Cailee

August 1, 2016 at 11:53 am

YUM!! These look so good! I’m loving strawberries this time of year!! And mango too! In fact, I had some of both in my oats this morning!! So good. And I really need to get into overnight oats! Such a great meal for a busy morning (or just a cooler alternative to hot oats)! Have a great rest of your Monday Jess!
    xoxo Cailee!
    Cailee recently posted…Hello Healthy August!My Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Aren’t they delish right now?! Have an awesome day, sweet Cailee!!

• Cayanne Marcus @healthyezsweet

August 1, 2016 at 12:44 pm

I can only imagine how delicious this would taste if I made it here in Panamá (where I’m spending the summer). The mangos here are the best I’ve ever tasted and I can’t help but enjoy them daily. It’s becoming my favorite fruit!
    Cayanne Marcus @healthyezsweet recently posted…What I Learned From Eating a Box of Doughnuts in 48 HoursMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:43 pm

SO COOL you are in Panama! One of my good friend’s mother is from Panama. Bet the mangos are fabulous there!

August 1, 2016 at 2:12 pm

I still have not had overnight oats. Can you eat them warm or do they have to be cold?
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Avocado Egg Salad You’ve Got To TryMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Hey, Deborah! I’ve never tried them warm but I bet you totally could 🙂

• Rachel @ RachelMcMichael.com

August 1, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Yum! This is a must try!!! Thanks for sharing!

August 2, 2016 at 1:42 pm

My pleasure, Rachel! Hope you enjoy 🙂

• Carly @ Fitliving Eats

August 1, 2016 at 9:21 pm

These overnight oats looks so yummy! And I am a HUGE fan of naps 🙂
    Carly @ Fitliving Eats recently posted…No-Sugar Added Granola ClustersMy Profile

August 2, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Oh they were so fresh and summery! Thanks, Carly 🙂

August 2, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I’ve FINALLY succumbed to naps. I always forced myself to get ‘stuff’ done or workout while my son napped or prep for dinner. But DANG letting myself nap when my body is telling me I need it feels awesome. I only have steel cut oats in my pantry – do you think this recipe would work for those? Maybe just add slightly more liquid I’m thinking??
    Chrissa – Physical Kitchness recently posted…30 Healthy Back to School Lunch Ideas (that aren’t all sandwiches)My Profile

• Diana @ Live Lean Eat Green

August 3, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I make overnight oats almost every single morning but have never tried them week greek yogurt- what an awesome idea to boost up the protein a little!
    Diana @ Live Lean Eat Green recently posted…One Meal Two Ways: Salsa Chicken Burritos & Protein Style TacosMy Profile