Hello to Fit’s 2016 Fitness Gift Guide

Hello to Fit’s 2016 Fitness Gift Guide includes the top fitness essentials of the year. Whether the gifts are for your sibling, friend, or spouse, they’ll be sure to please during this holiday season!

Nothing makes me happier than turning on our Christmas tree lights in the evenings, followed by our Yankee Candle that smells like fresh balsam fir! Okay, maybe there are (lots of) other things that make me just as happy, but ‘tis the season…

Fun Yet Practical

Starting around November – I know, it’s early – I start putting together a list of gift ideas for friends and family. It’s been a game, to try and think of things that people have mentioned throughout the year, or things that I think will be put to good use. As we get older, don’t you feel like gifts get more and more practical? Gone are the days when I want a jumbo pack of 150 permanent markers or a gift bag of vanilla sugar body scrub, lotion, and body spray. Now, it’s things that are (much) needed – especially in the fitness department!

For this year’s fitness gift guide, I tried to avoid a couple of things: an overwhelming list of the 70 hottest fitness items of 2016, and gifts that are extravagantly expensive. There are a couple of splurge-worthy items, but it’s because I feel that they’re QUALITY. Also important as we get older, no? Spending a little extra on quality headphones results in a sound that’s notably better than a pair of $10 ones…

Hello to Fit’s 2016 Fitness Gift Guide

Below are five items that I’ve used the most this year, and officially label them to be “fitness essentials”. Well, except for the Bose wireless earphones. When I put this list together a couple of weeks ago, I was still rocking corded earbuds. Ray got me a pair a few days ago and it had me asking myself, “What was my life before Bluetooth earphones?!”

ANYWAY. The gift ideas below range in price, from $25 or less to $100+ ($: 25 or less, $$: 25-50, $$$: 100+).

From top to bottom:

1. These Nike socks are a STAPLE in my sock drawer. Thin enough for my minimalist cross training shoes, yet snug-fitting, comfortable, and sweat-wicking. I’ve tried a few other brands over the course of the year, and I always dig through the sock drawer to find these guys! $
  2. There are a ton of insulated water bottles out there, and while I have many favorites, Hydroflask is up there. Staying hydrated is #1 priority for feeling good throughout the day, and the straw lid makes it super easy. $$
  3. For a long time I was stubborn about getting this Scuba Hoodie from Lululemon, but one year for my birthday I took the plunge (and never looked back). This piece is pricey, but worth-it. Soft enough to wear around the house, but warm as can be. The wind doesn’t cut through it (like I thought it would), so it’s my go-to jacket when I’m going to and from work/the yoga studio. Plus, #thumbholes. $$$
  4. Yep, we’re back to the Nike gear. Since I’m not a frequent runner, I tend to stick to their cross-training shoes. Fun colors, comfort, and functional. The trifecta of a good shoe! $$ – $$$
  5. And finally, the splurge of the year: these Bose wireless Bluetooth earphones. If the sweat and weather resistant design doesn’t get you, imagine the pure quality of audio that Bose produces so well. If you have an iPhone 7 and forget to bring your little headphone jack (like I frequently do), all the more reason to add these to your list! $$$

Quality Over Low-Price

“Low” being relative, of course! This holiday season, your gifted friend or family member may appreciate the time you took to find a quality, functional, AND fun gift. You can just pretend you spent a lot of time searching, rather than referring to the 2016 Fitness Gift Guide…

Whether you choose to give the gift of fancy electronics – the wireless earphones – or maybe a pack of the comfy Nike socks, these gifts are sure to please any fitness enthusiast in your life. Heck, go ahead and add these to YOUR list!

• Do you have any of the above items? How do you like them?
  • What else is on your wish list…
  • Plans for the weekend?

December 2, 2016 at 9:48 am

SOCKS have always been a gift in my family – lol!! Specifically THICK ski socks.
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Nacho Average B.R.I.S.K.E.T.My Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:41 am

Oooo I LOOOOVE how comfy ski socks are!!

• Allie @ Miss Allie’s Kitchen

December 2, 2016 at 1:10 pm

I got 25 pairs of socks for my birthday and I couldn’t have been more happy. The nike ones you show above, my boyfriend got for me (he knows I never match so he figured he’d help a girl out) and they are the only ones I can run in! Those headphones look amazing! I’m afraid to take the plunge, but I’m so glad you like them!

December 9, 2016 at 11:41 am

Ahh love that you love those Nike socks too, Allie!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

December 2, 2016 at 2:39 pm

So funny story… Last year or two years ago… my sisters and I (all four of us) asked for socks. “Santa” decided to split a three pair package of socks up, giving the oldest sisters each one pair in their stockings… While the littlest sister for some reason got a full package with many pairs! Really, Santa? There was no rhyme or reason for it either, lol.
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Matcha Cranberry White Chocolate BarkMy Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:40 am

Hahahahhaa omg that’s a hilarious story! We didn’t stuff stockings growing up..I think my dad was like oh these must just be decoration hahah.

• Jen

December 2, 2016 at 7:07 pm

such good items! i’ve been eyeing a lululemon scuba for years now and i might take the plunge on my birthday too! although, i did find a new pair of leggings from there that i love! i need to decide!
    Jen recently posted…4 Ideas for Getting in a Holiday WorkoutMy Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:38 am

Ahh love all of their leggings! Decisions, decisions 😉

December 2, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Hells yes for Hydroflasks! That’s definitely my favorite water bottle brand ever. <3 They're magical! That hoodie is super cute too!

December 9, 2016 at 11:37 am

Ahhh glad you like them too! Happy Friday, friend!

December 3, 2016 at 1:26 am

I’ve been swooning over that Scuba top forever too. You might have just convinced me to splurge now. Merry Christmas to meeeeee!!!
    Chrissa – Physical Kitchness recently posted…Holiday Fitness Gift GuideMy Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:37 am

Oh it’s SO WORTH IT, I promise!!

December 4, 2016 at 4:27 am

I’ll help make your shopping easy. You can get me the hoodie and the Nikes. Thanks!

December 9, 2016 at 11:34 am

Hahha it’ll be under your tree 😉

December 4, 2016 at 7:06 am

I really want a Healthy Human Life water bottle. Like bad.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Favorite Podcasts (Society and Culture)My Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:30 am

Ahhh I keep seeing those all over Instagram!! I’m so intrigued…

December 4, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I went to Lulu bc I had an extra discount and bought a bunch of things that I then emailed my family and said CLAIM ONE OF THESE AS YOUR GIFT TO ME and then put the whole bag under the tree so that I still have presents to open at Christmas. Haha it’s not as fun as when you’re a kid huh?
    Erin @ Erin’s Inside Job recently posted…Five Things Friday #114My Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:30 am

hahhahaha I could get down with that system. And yes def more fun as a kid!!

December 5, 2016 at 7:59 am

The scuba hoodies are the best! Since I know they last a few years I justify it to myself that they are worth it 🙂
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Vegan Winter Minestrone -Soup ClubMy Profile

December 9, 2016 at 11:29 am

YES!! Spread over three years…it’s basically free, right? 😉

December 5, 2016 at 9:22 am

I love my Hydroflask and I might need to ask Santa for that hoodie 😉

December 9, 2016 at 11:29 am

Haha yess do it!! So comfy and warm. Seriously.