Hello to Fit’s 2016 Fitness Gift Guide includes the top fitness essentials of the year. Whether the gifts are for your sibling, friend, or spouse, they’ll be sure to please during this holiday season!
Nothing makes me happier than turning on our Christmas tree lights in the evenings, followed by our Yankee Candle that smells like fresh balsam fir! Okay, maybe there are (lots of) other things that make me just as happy, but ‘tis the season…
Fun Yet Practical
Starting around November – I know, it’s early – I start putting together a list of gift ideas for friends and family. It’s been a game, to try and think of things that people have mentioned throughout the year, or things that I think will be put to good use. As we get older, don’t you feel like gifts get more and more practical? Gone are the days when I want a jumbo pack of 150 permanent markers or a gift bag of vanilla sugar body scrub, lotion, and body spray. Now, it’s things that are (much) needed – especially in the fitness department!
For this year’s fitness gift guide, I tried to avoid a couple of things: an overwhelming list of the 70 hottest fitness items of 2016, and gifts that are extravagantly expensive. There are a couple of splurge-worthy items, but it’s because I feel that they’re QUALITY. Also important as we get older, no? Spending a little extra on quality headphones results in a sound that’s notably better than a pair of $10 ones…
Hello to Fit’s 2016 Fitness Gift Guide
Below are five items that I’ve used the most this year, and officially label them to be “fitness essentials”. Well, except for the Bose wireless earphones. When I put this list together a couple of weeks ago, I was still rocking corded earbuds. Ray got me a pair a few days ago and it had me asking myself, “What was my life before Bluetooth earphones?!”
ANYWAY. The gift ideas below range in price, from $25 or less to $100+ ($: 25 or less, $$: 25-50, $$$: 100+).
From top to bottom:
- These Nike socks are a STAPLE in my sock drawer. Thin enough for my minimalist cross training shoes, yet snug-fitting, comfortable, and sweat-wicking. I’ve tried a few other brands over the course of the year, and I always dig through the sock drawer to find these guys! $
- There are a ton of insulated water bottles out there, and while I have many favorites, Hydroflask is up there. Staying hydrated is #1 priority for feeling good throughout the day, and the straw lid makes it super easy. $$
- For a long time I was stubborn about getting this Scuba Hoodie from Lululemon, but one year for my birthday I took the plunge (and never looked back). This piece is pricey, but worth-it. Soft enough to wear around the house, but warm as can be. The wind doesn’t cut through it (like I thought it would), so it’s my go-to jacket when I’m going to and from work/the yoga studio. Plus, #thumbholes. $$$
- Yep, we’re back to the Nike gear. Since I’m not a frequent runner, I tend to stick to their cross-training shoes. Fun colors, comfort, and functional. The trifecta of a good shoe! $$ – $$$
- And finally, the splurge of the year: these Bose wireless Bluetooth earphones. If the sweat and weather resistant design doesn’t get you, imagine the pure quality of audio that Bose produces so well. If you have an iPhone 7 and forget to bring your little headphone jack (like I frequently do), all the more reason to add these to your list! $$$
Quality Over Low-Price
“Low” being relative, of course! This holiday season, your gifted friend or family member may appreciate the time you took to find a quality, functional, AND fun gift. You can just pretend you spent a lot of time searching, rather than referring to the 2016 Fitness Gift Guide…
Whether you choose to give the gift of fancy electronics – the wireless earphones – or maybe a pack of the comfy Nike socks, these gifts are sure to please any fitness enthusiast in your life. Heck, go ahead and add these to YOUR list!
- Do you have any of the above items? How do you like them?
- What else is on your wish list…
- Plans for the weekend?